The VAT Lady Terms and Conditions for the Advice Line and Website
Welcome to the VAT Lady site, thevatlady.co.uk website is a trading name of Runciman Hughes Associates Ltd offering VAT, Customs duty and other tax advisory services,
This purpose of this Site is to provide tax and accounting advice in response to questions by Enquirers. Their question will be responded to within 48 hours. If it is felt that the question will require a very specific and detailed or legal answer requiring additional research, an additional fee will be quoted for and agreed upon in advance.
Communications on this Site shall be for the provision advice will not create any professional relationship between the Enquirer and the advisor or The VAT Lady (Runciman Hughes Associates Ltd)
Enquirers must be aged 18 or over.
- The content of the pages of this Site is for Your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Answers provided by the The VAT Lady will be in accordance with the care and skill expected of a the adviser but will be based solely on the information provided. Enquirers must be aware that the advice provided will not be a substitute for full legal and advice unless specific and detailed as agreed upon (see above). We will not accept liability for the quality of advice provided to the Enquirer where there are mistakes, omissions, misrepresentations or any other factual inaccuracy on the part of the Enquirer.
- The use of any information on this Site is entirely at Your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. We do not provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this Site for any particular purpose. The answers provided via this Site are by necessity generic and reflect the current law applicable to the Enquirer’s question based on the information provided. The provision of legal tax advice is a complex matter and the use of this Site is not intended to, nor able to, replace on-going legal advice that would be provided if the Enquirer had engaged the services of Runciman Hughes Associates under a full terms of engagement or if they have or are contemplating proceedings.
- A plus VAT at the standard rate applicable at the time must be paid before any advice will be given. This payment is for legal advice on a single issue and /or enquiry. If multiple questions and/or issues are submitted then legal advice will not be provided and any payment made will be refunded. If the Enquirer wishes to submit more than one enquiry they should do so by submitting individual questions on each matter.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall create a partnership or the relationship of principal and agent or between the You and Us and the use of the Service does not afford any privilege or confidentiality in respect of dealings between the parties.
- This Site contains material which is owned by or licensed to Us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- In accordance with good practice, We would like to make it clear that You have the following rights: That the information You have provided to Us will be kept confidential and You will be given sufficient information to enable You to make an informed decision. As the Service is provided with a fixed fee, You will know from the outset the cost of the advice to be provided. There will be no additional costs to You save for VAT charged for Our Service at the standard rate applicable at the time of Your enquiry.
- We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will treat your personal information as confidential and your details will not be given or sold to anyone and your information will be treated securely.
- We make every effort to ensure the security and integrity of our Site. However, due to the inherent risks involved in internet usage, we cannot ensure or guarantee the security of information when it is being transmitted.
- All trademarks reproduced in this Site, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the Site.
- Unauthorised use of this Site may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence. In particular, when using this Site, you are prohibited from:
- Soliciting on this Site for any purposes including but not limited to inviting Legal Advisers to provide answers outside of this Site.
- Removing or changing anything on the Site;
- Including or creating links to or from this Site;
- Uploading or otherwise send content that is obscene or pornographic, threatening, menacing, discriminatory, offensive, defamatory or otherwise unlawful;
- Uploading content that contains materials in breach of any intellectual property rights or in breach of confidence;
- Harassing, stalking, threatening or otherwise violating the rights of others;
- Misrepresenting your identity or status;
- Hacking into the Site, delivering viruses or forwarding chain letters, surveys, or other forms of non-specific messages or otherwise engaging in any other activity that may reasonably be expected to inhibit other users from using the Site or damage or destroy the reputation of M C Bryan Solicitors Ltd, it’s Principal, employees or agents.
- From time to time, this Site may also include links to other Sites. These links are provided for Your convenience to provide further information. Inclusion of a link does not signify that We endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- We reserve the right to vary or change these terms and conditions including but not limited to Our fees or charges and will update the new Terms and Conditions on this page.
- Access to or use of this Site cannot be guaranteed as error free or uninterrupted. We may suspend the operation of the Site for repair or maintenance work or update or upgrade the contents of the Site without incurring any liabilities to You.
- We will not be liable to You for any breach of these Terms and Conditions which arises because of any circumstances which We cannot reasonably be expected to control.
- We accept no obligation to monitor the use of this Site. However, We reserve the right to disclose any information as required by law; to block Your access and to take such other action as may be reasonably necessary to prevent any breach of these terms and conditions or any breach of applicable law or regulation.
- Subject to clauses 3, 5, 13 and 14 any liability to You whether in contract, tort or otherwise is limited to the amount paid by You to Us in respect of the Service provided in relation to the individual question answered by The VAT Lady.
- If You have any enquiries or complaints (about the Service or someone else’s use of the Site) then please send Your enquiries or complaints to Runciman Hughes Associates Ltd, 1 Park East, Haywards Heath, West Sussex RH16 4ST
- These Terms and Conditions form the entire understanding between the parties and supersede all previous agreements, understandings and representations relating to the subject matter.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions affects Your statutory rights or Your rights in regard to Our obligations under the Code of Conduct for Tax Advisors.
- None of these terms and conditions are enforceable under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 by a person who is not a party to these Terms.
- Runciman Hughes Associates is the exclusive owner of this Site and all copyright, database rights, patent rights and other intellectual property rights relating to his Site and its contents, data, design, text, images, graphics, functioning software and source code. All rights to this Site are reserved.
- Your use of this Site and any dispute arising out of such use of the Site is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.