|Location: Brighton, Glasgow, Bristol, Birmingham||Course Length: Full Day||Click for dates||Buy Now: £249 (+VAT)|
Read about the event
Do you know the difference between trading with France or China or even with Jersey? In other words; with businesses in other EU Member States and outside the EU.
If the answer is no then you need to attend this course. To get it wrong can cost your business a lot of money.
Trading with Europe
The EU Member States
- Acquisitions and Dispatches of goods to and from Europe
- Distance sales
- Intrastat reports
- Buying and selling services
- New place of supply rules
- Work on goods. valuation etc
- Transport services
- Online services
- Exhibitions, concerts etc
- EC sales list
- Boxes 2, 8 & 9 of VAT Return
Trading outside Europe
- Import and Export of goods and services
- 2010 Incoterms; CIF. DDP etc (who pays the taxes, freight and insurance?)
- Understanding the import documents
- Frontier and Supplementary Declarations (SAD)
- Your contract with the supplier or your customer
- Carriers and clearing agents
- Information needed for the VAT reclaim (C79 Import VAT reclaim certificate)
- Import, excise, and anti dumping duties
- Delaying the payment of import VAT
- Buying online (are you getting the best deal)?
- VAT and duty free imports
This workshop is suitable for: Any business who buys and sells goods and services to and from outside the UK. For bookkeepers and accounting professionals who wish to provide a better service to their clients who trade internationally.
What’s in it for you: You will gain a clear understanding of the complexity of the International Trade of Goods and Services and correctly account for these complex transactions. Gain confidence to:
- Grow your business by trading outside the UK
- Sell your services to Europe and beyond .
- Ship goods to Europe and far off places and be able to not charge your customer UK VAT
- You will be able to refund any VAT charged to the customer when proof of export is received.
- Cut down the carrier and other agent’s fees thus increasing your profits.
- 14 September – Brighton
- 28 September – Glasgow
- 19 October – Bristol
- 30 November – Birmingham
- 7 December – Brighton
Time: 9.30am – 16. 30pm
Course Cost: £249 (+ VAT)
Course Code: VATCUST IT -GS